Setitik dakwat mampu membuat sejuta manusia berfikir tentangnya.


jihada izzah
Last semester of final year student, I am a bit scared at this moment. Somehow, my final year project (FYP) is still progressing from time to time. Officially started on November 13, 2009, I am glad that so far there is no terrible complication while doing the 1st phase of my project, sample collection, preparation and extraction. Although it’s not as easy as an ABC, I managed to go through the challenges with the kindness of my friends and laboratory staff.

The battle began as soon as the first day. I went to a nursery in Kuantan with Ayu. Two weeks before, I've ordered 50 bags of my project's plant which were planted in Cameron Highlands. That day was a rainy day. It was a bit difficult to get in all 50 bags of my plant, Pelargonium graveolens aka “Pokok Halau Nyamuk” into a small sweet “kancil” ( Faizah's car). Kumbawo Faizah (^^,).. I had to place the plants at the back seat, and Oh MY GOD!! The car was fully occupied with that sweet smell plants. I drove back to UIA and my mission started!!!


I sent 10 bags of the plants to KOP (for care prior to extraction) and the rest to KOS. That evening, I harvested a number of plants for the purpose of freeze dried and air dried. Basically, 20 plants were intended to be air dried and the remaining 20 plants for freeze dried. All the day in the lab, I went back to hostel around 7pm and planned to go back again after Isya’ to procced with freeze drying. With the hope that night, it won’t take so much time, I went to the lab without having my lunch + dinner. And, what made me astounding was that I’ve to harvest all the 20 plants that night, by hook or by crook. It was around 10.30pm, not yet eat and had to stay???


I had no choice. Big thanks to Aminah and Farhana who bought food for me and sent it to the lab so I could eat late at night. I was out of energy, tired and sleepy. Tremendous thanks to Shahnaz, Salwana, and Muzammil for staying with me in the lab till 4am. It’s just the beginning!!!! More obstacles ahead of my journey.. May ALLAH bless me and gives me courage to face these difficult times...



To get through the hardest journey we need take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping ~ Chinese proverb



Labels: , | edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment